By: Maddie Kovach
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium size onion (I use sweet onion)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 oz of onion soup mix (equivalent to 2 packets)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups frozen veggie mix (peas, corn, lima beans, carrots, and green beans)
- 5 large potatoes (cubed and peeled)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup of milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
Step 1: (Potatoes)
- Boil a large pot of water on high heat
- Peel and cube all your potatoes. Make sure you get all the skin off of them and cube them about ½ in by ½ in.
- Put cubed potatoes in boiling water and boil them until they are soft. It usually takes about 15 min but you can check on them to make sure they are not getting too soft.
- While you are boiling the potatoes you can prepare the meat!
Step 2: (Meat)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add meat in the skillet and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder for taste
- Cook the meat through until there is no pink
- While you are waiting for meat to cook you can chop the garlic and onion.
- Add the chopped garlic and onion to the meat mixture
- Cook for another 5 min. You want your onion to be translucent
- Once onion is translucent add in your pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, and beef broth! Stir it all up.
- After everything is evenly mixed you can add your frozen veggies. Cook for about 2 min then set the skillet aside.
- Preheat oven to 350!
Step 3: (Potatoes continued)
- Drain potatoes and start mashing them up with a potatoe masher or a fork
- Add in butter. Then you can slowly add in milk, cheese and salt
- Make sure you mash and mix until the potatoes are very smooth
- Spread potatoes over the meat. I use a smaller spoon or fork for this so I can make sure every thing is evenly spread
- Add in about half of your parsley
- Pop your whole skillet, uncovered, into the oven!
- Bake for about 30 min until your potatoes look golden brown!
- Add your remaining parsley and then serve and enjoy!