Looking for something quick, simple, cheap AND healthy? Using turkey burger and turning it into a gourmet Caprese dish with a side salad is one of our Go-To meal options that will run you about $1.75 a plate and is packed with protein for a great easy dinner meal.
- 1 Package Lean Turkey Burgers
- Roma tomatoes sliced
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Texas toast
- Balsamic vinegar reduction (glaze)
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- Weber gourmet burger seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil (optional)
- Dried oregano
- Herbs de Provence (Italian seasoning)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Take turkey burger patties and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Then season burgers with all the seasonings.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook until desired doneness , or internal temp reaches 165.
- While burgers cook, slice tomatoes, mozzarella and chop the basil.
- Place you texas toast in oven and cook via directions on package.
- To finish place 1 slice of texas toast on plate, then add a burger on top of it.
- Then top with cheese, tomatoes, and basil. And finish with a drizzle of balsamic.