Pheasant Cajun Pasta
As an Outdoorsman, upland bird might not be the first thing you'd expect to show up on a menu of Cajun cuisine at your favorite Cajun restaurant or in your grandma's wild game cookbook but it's a great combination nonetheless. This Built4TheHunt wild game recipe for Pheasant Cajun Pasta is simple yet unique and packed with flavor. As always, check back periodically for new venison and wild game recipes added to out Built4TheHunt Wild Game Recipe library!
- 1 lb pheasant or other upland bird
- 1 package of pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- Add chicken/pheasant, olive oil, and seasonings into a plastic bag and marinate overnight
- Cook pasta per instructions on the box.
- As the pasta is boiling, add butter and vegetables to a pan on high heat. Sauté vegetables in butter.
- Empty contents of plastic bag into the pan and cook until pheasant is browned
- Add the rest of the ingredients and heat to boil (add more Cajun seasoning if spicier is desired)
- Lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens (~20 minutes) stirring occasionally
- Serve & Enjoy!
Thanks to B4H contributor Brian Halchak.